Sunday, June 8, 2008

By The Pier Tree

What can I say Johnny Frye & his never ending jokes, he lived in Coconut Circle & would walk to Brookside & then we would walk into town. Our 1st stop usually would be Brookside Bowl & Billiards we would do an hour or so at the Bowl's pinball machine & then hop over to the billiards & buy 2 cigarettes for a nickel. Then the walk or hitchhike into town & listen to Johnny's jokes all the way to the Beach Store. I still remember one of them & can't re tell it here but it still makes me laugh out of 50 or so jokes he'd usually have 5 good ones. But they were all funny mostly because of his delivery & the laugh that went with them. I miss those jokes & that laugh these days.........

Left to Right: Bruce Stevenson, Donnie Strickland and Johnny Frye.

2 comments:

TLS said...

The jokes and Johnny were crackin' wise for as long as I knew him. The one I remember most is the one I heard a thousand times and I fell for it EVERYTIME!

Johnny: I can't wait for tomorrow.
Me: Why?
Johnny: Because I get better lookin' everyday!
Me: OH MAN...

One of the nicest guys I've ever met.

Tara (Saad) Linn

Anonymous said...

You are so right Tara, Johnny Frye was the funniest person there ever was. One time Annete Roden and I bet him $20.00 he couldn't go 30 minutes without cracking a joke..he lasted about 10 min. and once he started it didn't stop for 1/2 hour. Laughed until my stomach was in knots!
Kathy