Sunday, June 22, 2008

Seagate 1960

These photo's are Charlie Brady's & thats Doc Brady (Charlie's Dad) on the riding lawnmower. The interesting part of the photos are how stark & nothing Seagate was in 1960. The pines in the backround (on the 1st two photos) are the beach & I remember 10 years later in 1970 riding my dirtbike there & it not looking much different than this, I remember most of Naples being treeless. When I moved back in 1996 all the trees had grown & created shade & it looked totally different than it did back then. I thought it was my imagination how bleak Naples looked in the 60's but photo's like these confirm it wasn't my imagination. Hurricane Donna hit less than 6 months after these photo's were taken & that house is still standing today. Charlie added there was 3 feet of water in the house & the Brady's sat on a closet shelf while Donna blew through. Funny part he also said the Lincoln in the carport bobbed around in the water scrapping up against the house & bumping up against the carport posts.

No comments: