Sunday, April 20, 2008

Before St. George & The Dragon

Small story goes with this one John Smith ran Smith Lesher Insurance & I was telling him about the top photo. He asked me if it had the large star shaped sign on the roof & I told him it did. He said that was taken before Hurricane Donna because Mr. Baroni came into their office to get insurance on that sign & refused to pay such a high price to insure the sign. Donna came through & the sign was never seen again they figured it must be at the bottom of Naples Bay. One day I was talking to John about his stories & we were laughing about the difference in the stories by different generations of Neapolitans. I laughed & told him every generation just takes the older generation stories & adds their twist & makes it their own & he would laugh if he ever sees my twist on his stories:-)! My friend John Smith a good man to surf the pier of life with!

No comments: