Thursday, April 3, 2008

One Down, Nine More To Go...

In 1966 it seemed life went full on in Technicolor from Shadowlawn to NJHS. Where do I start, an entire school of new people to torture & a load of new friends many of which I still have to this day. Things I remember Col. Ford blistering my butt so I couldn't sit for a couple days. I had a book with a rubber band around it with a Bic Pen top for a missile I pulled the little pocket clip back & let go. It fired across the room like a scud & boom hit that metal panel that covered the teacher’s legs. Sounded a little like dynamiting the canals for Alligator Alley. He had that paddle with the holes drilled in it he actually wound up & jumped up off the floor for better contact & damn if that wasn’t pleasant:):)! Another one was Ed Barreto a very humorous guy but a little hot headed I remember him in Science class giving a lecture on fertilizer & its ingredients & him gesturing toward his butt I was sitting off to the side & I started laughing & he goes Mr. Wall knows what I’m talking about. A few days later he was pissed about people talking & told the class to stand up by your desk & DON’T MOVE! I turned & he flew at me like a 747 picked me up by my ears took me in the supply room & started banging my head against the wall. Stopped in the middle of it & started to apologize. He still lives here & I always wanted to ask him about it, I wonder if he blogs?:) :)! Last but not least there was Virginia (Ol’ Bag) Hunter the guidance counselor I don’t remember my crime but she called my dad in to her office & proceeded to call me a coward, boy that really hurt after Col Ford & Mr Barreto this was a cakewalk. The BIG highlight was after school & on Saturdays going down to the House of Hi-Fi & sitting on the floor for hours listening to their jukebox. After being whipped, head banged & then called a coward for all my escapades sitting & listening to the Lovin’ Spoonful was a good getaway. Summer In The City, indeed.....

I’ve got to thank the Garner family for putting up with my hours of jukebox entertainment. You made going to school IN TOWN a real good time!

Anybody remember the Merri Go Round & their backroom where they kept the Levi’s?

House of Hi Fi coupon courtesy Jenny Mclenon

No comments: