Sunday, April 13, 2008

I Really Didn’t Want To Go Here But……

...there seems to be a reoccurring thing that happens when I post some (or should I say a lot) of these photo’s. Here’s 2 of them Vicki Harris & Chrisse, I’m sure you all know Vicki is no longer around & it really does bum me out. Scott Kepp, Phil Saad, Bobby Evans, Bill Minarich, Johnny Frye, Wally Green & Vince Wood & the list just seems to be getting longer. Some of these people were real good friends of mine & I really don’t know what to say, other than thanks for all the laughs we shared. These people were just part of the experience of growing up in this little town (what am I saying they were this town). Its funny when you put a Junior High & Naples High yearbook of the same year together & figure that was the WHOLE TOWN at that time there were no other schools. The town went from Shadowlawn Drive to 22nd Ave North & that was pushing it in both directions. I just wanted to acknowledge that fact & I don’t deal too well with dying its hard enough everyday let alone dealing with it in print. So Toohey get it together if you wait for the 40 year reunion there will probably be a few more people missing. Take it while you can get it, its not coming around again.
Photos courtesy Chrisse Morse

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

danny,
you did a stellar job at a place no one wants to go...
i sure miss those friends...but as jimmy says...this aint no dress rehersal.

p.s. wow wish i was that thin agian!

Anonymous said...

let us not forget bob buschmann

Jim Page said...

Well. Chrisse--

I am guessing that it's you, based on the context of your post . . .

>>wow wish i was that thin agian!

In my mind, you still are, if that helps any!!!

--Jim (not so skinny, either!)