Tuesday, May 6, 2008

4 Walls, 2 Balls Just A Bunch of Gr”EEE”zers………….

When you were a teenager you always remember being embarrassed by your parents you know the old “Fossils Belong in Museums” thing. And the Saturday night Teen Dance was no different with, that’s OK dad you can just drop me off at the Cambier Park baseball diamond. I’ve gotta meet some friends & we’re gonna walk to Monty’s by the post office for a 25 cent “BAG” of french fries. So my dad was the City of Naples traffic man you know the stop lights & street signs thing. So one day I come home & this sign is in my FRONT yard & I’m going Oh S**T how am I gonna deal with this, ain’t no greezer gonna live this down. ANYTIME anyone gave me a ride home it was NO that’s OK drop me off @ the end of the street & I’ll walk home. No one ever fell for it, no that’s OK we’ll drop you off @ the door & I never got used to the feeling of Candyassdom, this must be how those kids that lived in town felt 24/7. These days I contemplate getting another one made for Wall Crib it’s Jeannie & I and our 2 animals & I’ve become that nutcase GEEZER that lives in that teardown @ the end of the street.

I never got to thank David Whitehead (in his white ’57 Chevy) & Janet Macdonald for a ride home after chugging down 13 seasick pills BUT I don’t remember the ride home either………….

PS: In Tennessee I lived next to an old couple named BALL (the 2 Balls) & it was still Jeannie & I & our 2 dogs. And I thought to myself, Huh 1 sign for my yard & 1 for theirs……..

No comments: