Friday, May 16, 2008

Crayton Cove Without The Inn

Growing up here I always heard the name Kenny Shryver he developed the Cove Inn. But his name always popped up here & there since I've lived here. So I'd hear the name for like 35 years but never met or have seen this person kinda like hearing about Area 51 you knew it was there but no one knew anything about it. So anyway my family had a piece of land for sale in Bonita & one day I was up there putting in a for sale sign & up pulls this big Lexus. Out hops this man & starts asking questions about the property & introduces himself as Kenny Shryver. I shook his hand & started to laugh & told him I thought it was just a name everyone dropped to fit into a conversation I had no idea he was actually a real person. He got a real big laugh out of it & then I asked him about any Naples memorabilia & he said most of his was lost in hurricane Donna. Kenny died a few years back just another part of the story gone forever...

No comments: