Sunday, May 18, 2008

The "REAL" Norris Community Center (under construction)

But I've always called it the Teen Center, where do I start here probably too many stories to cover. Best spot in the house was the west outside sliding glass doors to watch people cut the rug. There was one girl & I'm not naming names (I've caught WAY TOO MUCH grief for that already) that could dance without moving her head. It was the opposite of those bobble head dolls but her head & hair would never move I still can't quite figure that move musta wore out some mirrors perfecting that one. Then there's (occupant/resident) greaser story if you remember they (GREEZERS the "REAL" ones not us part timers) would gather down at the east end of the driveway toward the police station. They would congregate on that Norris Community Center concrete plaque/monument. There was a Coke machine at the Fire Department & it was the only place to get something to drink other than beer or water. So (occupant/resident) knowing better would walk all the way around the block to there just so he wouldn't have to walk by them so they could have a field day calling him a candyass & hold him upside down & shake him down for his money. We were tallking about how Marty was the ultimate in candyass/greaser double agent. His dad Mal owned the motorcycle shop so nobody dissed Marty or your repairs could drag on for months. Hands down the funniest early Naples head game...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember those GREEZERS! Always standing around in the driveway of the Teen Club like they owned the place. I accidentally rolled back into one of them in my friend's '68Mustang. I didn't even have my foot on the gas - barely tapped him - didn't even knock him down. He threatened to beat my ass and I'm a GIRL! I apologized but, after that reaction, I wasn't sorry at all...