Tuesday, March 18, 2008

You Shouldn't Take It So Hard.....

I’ve got a small amount of feedback concerning my comments & photo’s to this blog. Let me clear up a few items on my REDNECK (correction GREASERS) vs. CANDYASSES posts this is a true statement. There was an invisible line drawn somewhere around Boat Haven. I’ve also found out that there was another group of people to the North of Pine Ridge Road that were never even given a name. So don’t get put off by what group your “mind” puts you into at least you had a name. I was a Brooksider or GREASER & loved the place! Man CANDYASSES don’t know what they were missing like Terry Conant riding his bicycle to Shadowlawn School without rubber tires nothing but metal rims on concrete sidewalks. You heard him coming blocks away & he’d come up behind you slam on the brakes sparks shooting everywhere! Or Donnie Strickland threatening to kick your ass every other day even though he was supposed to be your best friend. As far as photo’s PLEASE get over yourselves we are the GEEZER SET no matter what Dennis Hopper tells you in his dumbass commercial! 50 is the new 40 “YEAH RIGHT” my 1st decision in the morning is should I try to crawl or walk to the coffee maker! I’ll take a photo of my youth any day over my name on the menu at Pittman’s Funeral Home. WHOLLY COW now there’s some stories Terry Hughes funeral home stories…


If your name or photo appear here & your embarrassed email me & I’ll replace it with somebody that can take the heat (Marcum Williams etc...excluding High Tide & Don Sitta) best thing to do is go to the top on this page & CLICK – NEXT BLOG. Nothing on this blog is meant to offend anyone or anything its Naples as it really was a really COOL little town that only WE knew about.

Its like Keith says you shouldn't "Take It So Hard"!

Keith Richards & the X-Pensive Winos

Video coutesy Virgin Records

1 comment:

TLS said...

Oh Man! Say it ain't so, Danny. Gosh I hope people really aren't getting offended. Come on! 1971 was a time before political correctness was forced on us! I remember the invisible line that determined your distinction of greaser or candyass. Growing up in the Lake Park area was kinda on the cusp, so you could go either way. I considered myself a greaser mainly because these guys were the most fun! I came home one day and told my father I was a greaser and he was mortified because greaser was a terribly offensive term for a certain ethnic group in his old neighborhood! I tried to tell him, no Dad, it just means I might have to step up and kick ass if I'm called to do so. I don't think that made him feel better.

I think this site and the pictures are great! I sincerely hope it's not offensive.

Trying to explain "my" Naples to a new generation is a very frustrating experience. My Naples is gone, never to return, but all the memories, pictures and terms used on this site somehow validates this old woman! Ya know?

So lighten up and have fun! I'm having a great time.

Tara

Enough Already!