Saturday, March 22, 2008

Peggy Wall The Wise Crackin’ Red Headed Publix Cashier

What can I say it’s 4th Wall's mom I’m posting this as a segway into giving away another yearbook. She worked @ the original Publix Store #76 in the 60’s & 70’s & as a teenager I would pick her up from work when she got off. Why you ask, being a GREEZER and all around REBEL, would you pick her up? Because “DOOFUSS” it was her car! I’d sit outside & wait for her & all the bagboys treated me like I was Elvis cause I was Peg’s “little pain in the ass” son. They all were much older than me & all dressed real snappy & had cool cars. And I thought wow some day maybe I’d be that GROOVY & have all that cool stuff! Then it dawned on me you had to have a job to have those things & said I’ll pass that won’t go with my Gr”EEE”zer/Candyass image. To tell the truth to this day I still don’t know where I fit it in …… somewhere between that .../... thing!
So this yearbook is earlier than my time but its for those late 60's Publix bagboys.

Download 1967 NHS Yearbook

No comments:

Enough Already!